If you’re just starting your woodworking journey, you might be on the lookout for affordable tools that won’t break the bank. One great way to find high-quality woodworking tools at discounted prices is through auctions. In this post, we’ll explore everything you need to know about woodworking tool auctions in the UK!
How Do Woodworking Tool Auctions Work?
Woodworking tool auctions are a time-honoured tradition in the UK. They are held in auction houses, often online, and sell all kinds of tools, both new and used. In general, auctions work by inviting bidders to compete for specific items by placing bids that increase in value as more people bid on the item. The highest bidder takes home the item at the end of the auction.
At woodworking tool auctions, you’ll find all kinds of tools, such as hand saws, power saws, chisels, drills, routers, and more. Some auctions even offer complete sets of tools, which can be an excellent opportunity for those just starting.
Where Can I Find Woodworking Tool Auctions in the UK?
There are several ways to find woodworking tool auctions in the UK. One of the best ways is to check online auction sites, such as eBay or BPI auctions. You can also check local auction houses, which often hold regular woodworking tool auctions. Here are some of the best woodworking tool auctions to check out:
1. BPI Auctions
BPI auctions is a leading online auction house that sells a wide range of tools, including woodworking tools. They have a dedicated section for woodworking tools, making it easy to find what you’re looking for. They also offer a range of payment and delivery options, making it easy to get your hands on your purchases.
2. Ramsay Cornish
Ramsay Cornish is a local auction house that holds regular woodworking tool auctions. They are based in Edinburgh and have been in operation since 1996. They offer a range of antique and modern woodworking tools, making it the perfect spot for collectors.
3. The Market
The Market is an online marketplace that offers a range of products, including woodworking tools. They have a dedicated section for woodworking tools and offer a range of payment and delivery options. They also offer a buyer protection program, which ensures that you receive your items as described.
Tips for Winning at Woodworking Tool Auctions
If you’re new to woodworking tool auctions, here are some tips to help you win at the bidding game:
- Do your research: Before you bid on any item, make sure you research the brand, the quality, and the price range. This will ensure that you don’t overpay for an item that’s not worth it.
- Establish a budget: It’s important to establish a budget before the auction begins so that you know how much you can afford to spend. Stick to your budget, even if you’re tempted to bid more.
- Be patient: Don’t rush into bidding early on in the auction. Wait until the bidding starts to slow down before placing your bid. This will ensure that you don’t overpay for an item.
- Stay focused: It’s easy to get caught up in the excitement of an auction, but it’s important to stay focused on what you’re looking for. Don’t get sidetracked by other items that you don’t need.
- Check the condition: Make sure to check the condition of the item before placing your bid. If possible, inspect the item beforehand to ensure that it’s in good working order.
Woodworking tool auctions are an excellent way to find high-quality tools at discounted prices. By checking out the auctions we’ve listed above and following our winning tips, you’ll be well on your way to building an impressive collection of woodworking tools. Happy bidding!