Introduction: Get Ready for the Columbus Woodworking Show 2019!
Are you a beginner in the woodworking scene? Do you want to learn more about the craft and meet other enthusiasts? Look no further than the Columbus Woodworking Show 2019! This highly-anticipated event is taking place on March 29-31, 2019, at the Ohio Expo Center in Columbus, Ohio. With over 20 years of success, the Columbus Woodworking Show is the ultimate destination for both seasoned professionals and beginner hobbyists alike. In this blog post, we’ll give you an inside look at the event and answer some common questions for first-time attendees!
Why Attend the Columbus Woodworking Show 2019?
The Columbus Woodworking Show 2019 is a one-stop-shop for all things woodworking! Whether you’re interested in buying new tools, learning new techniques, or simply networking with like-minded individuals, you’ll find it all at this event. Here are just a few reasons why you should attend:
- Learn from the Pros: Watch live demonstrations from some of the industry’s top professionals and learn new tips and tricks
- Shop the Marketplace: Browse the exhibit hall for the latest products, tools, and accessories from over 50 vendors
- Meet Other Enthusiasts: Connect with other woodworking enthusiasts and share your passion for the craft
- Attend Educational Seminars: Participate in educational seminars on a variety of woodworking topics
- Get Inspired: See incredible woodworking creations and gain inspiration for your next project
What can you expect at the Columbus Woodworking Show?
The Columbus Woodworking Show is a weekend-long event filled with educational opportunities, hands-on demonstrations, and more! Here are some of the highlights:
Watch live demonstrations from some of the industry’s top professionals and learn new tips and tricks! This year’s lineup includes:
‘The Woodworking Doctor’ – Jim Heavey, National Woodworking Instructor for Woodcraft Supply, will be demonstrating tips and techniques for solving common woodworking challenges. From picking the right lumber to finishing techniques, Jim’s demonstrations are not to be missed!
‘The Wood Whisperer’ – Marc Spagnuolo, a self-taught furniture maker and creator of ‘The Wood Whisperer’ website and podcast, will be sharing his expertise on finishing techniques. Attendees will learn everything from applying stains and dyes to applying topcoats.
Participate in educational seminars on a variety of woodworking topics. Here are just a few of the seminars being offered this year:
‘Hand-Cut Dovetails’ – Learn the art of creating hand-cut dovetails with this hands-on seminar. You’ll learn the proper techniques and tools needed to create beautiful dovetails.
‘Woodworking Fundamentals’ – If you’re just getting started with woodworking, this seminar is for you! You’ll learn the basics of woodworking, such as tool selection, safety, and project planning.
Browse the exhibit hall for the latest products, tools, and accessories from over 50 vendors. From hand tools to power tools, you’ll find everything you need to take your woodworking to the next level!
In addition to the vendors, the exhibit hall also features several incredible woodworking creations on display. See the craftsmanship of both professionals and hobbyists and gain some inspiration for your next project!
Tips for First-Time Attendees
Attending the Columbus Woodworking Show for the first time? Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your experience:
- Plan Ahead: Review the event schedule and map out the demonstrations and seminars you want to attend
- Dress Comfortably: Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, as you’ll be spending a lot of time on your feet
- Bring Cash: While some vendors may accept credit cards, it’s always a good idea to have some cash on hand
- Take Notes: Bring a notebook and pen to take notes during seminars and demonstrations
- Network: Don’t be afraid to strike up a conversation with other attendees or vendors–you never know who you might meet!
Conclusion: Get Ready for an Unforgettable Weekend!
The Columbus Woodworking Show 2019 is the ultimate destination for woodworking enthusiasts of all levels. With live demonstrations, educational seminars, and a bustling exhibit hall, you’ll find everything you need to take your woodworking to the next level. We hope this beginner’s guide has been helpful in preparing you for the event. See you there!